In its Red Tape Reduction Action Plan, the Government committed to build on the efforts of the Paperwork Burden Reduction Initiative by requiring departments, through the Administrative Burden Baseline, to provide a count of the requirements in federal regulations that impose an administrative burden on business.
All federal regulations that are administered by Natural Resources Canada that have requirements that impose administrative burden on business are identified below. The total 2016 count is 4507. The total June 30th 2014 baseline count is 4507.
Between July 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016, the department’s total count of administrative burden requirements did not change. There were no changes to regulations or to forms or schedules associated with regulations that affected the existing count of administrative burden. As a result, the baseline count remains unchanged from the 2015 baseline count of 4507.
Previous years’ counts for Natural Resources Canada are available upon request.
Natural Resources Canada – General Inquiries: (613) 995-0947
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
- Date Modified: