Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) seeks to enhance the responsible development and use of Canada’s natural resources and the competitiveness of Canada’s natural resources products. We are an established leader in science and technology in the fields of energy, forests, and minerals and metals and use our expertise in earth sciences to build and maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of our landmass.
NRCan develops policies and programs that enhance the contribution of the natural resources sector to the economy and improve the quality of life for all Canadians.
We conduct innovative science in facilities across Canada to generate ideas and transfer technologies. We also represent Canada at the international level to meet the country's global commitments related to the sustainable development of natural resources.
Our Vision: Improving the quality of life of Canadians by creating a sustainable resource advantage
- Organization Structure
- Offices across Canada
- Career Opportunities at NRCan
- The Natural Resources Portfolio
Corporate Management and Reporting
- Access to Information and Privacy
- Audit Reports
- Consultation at NRCan
- Departmental Performance Reports
- Evaluation Reports
- Environmental Assessment
- Management Accountability Framework
- Major Projects Management Office (MPMO)
- Plans and Performance Reports
- Procurement and Contracting in Natural Resources Canada
- Reports on Plans and Priorities