- the geographer, who looks for changes on the Earth's surface that need to be mapped;
- the forester, who needs information about what type of trees are growing and if they have been affected by disease, fire or pollution;
- the environmentalist, who wants to detect, identify and follow the movement of pollutants such as oil slicks on the ocean;
- the geologist, who is interested in finding valuable minerals;
- the farmer, who wants to keep an eye on how his crops are growing and if they've been affected by drought, floods, disease or pests;
- the ship captain, who needs to find the best route through the northern ice packs;
- the firefighter, who sends out his crews based on information about the size and movement of a forest fire.
And there are many more ways to use remote sensing.