Select a map collection below.
List of Map Collections:
Toporama – Mapping Tool
The Mapping tool is a dynamic map viewer offering a complete coverage of the country at national, regional and local scales.
Toporama – Mapping Tool allows to:
- Search place names.
- Measure distances.
- Selectively display individual Toporama layers such as transportation, contours, hydrography or place names.
- Choose from 3 base layers: Hillshade, Landsat imagery and the Canada Base Map.
- Control the level of layer transparency.
- Display the water flow to see downstream flow direction.
- Customize your map by adding text using the drawing tools.
- Add your own data points to the map by importing them from a CSV file.
- Import annotations to add to your map.
- Download raster maps, vector data, and elevation data.
The maps show in detail:
- ground relief (landforms and terrain);
- drainage (lakes and rivers);
- forest cover;
- administrative areas;
- populated areas;
- roads and transport facilities (including roads and railways);
- other constructed features.
- Atlas of Canada (at the scale of 1: 1 000 000 to 1:30 000 000);
- National Topographic Data Base (NTDB) at the scale of 1:250 000;
- CanVec+ at the scale of 1:50 000.
Reference maps encompass international, national and provincial maps in addition to basic black and white outline maps that include capital city locations and/or names.
All of The Atlas of Canada's maps are freely available for downloading. This includes all past six editions, federal election and poster maps and many others.
This section provides a description and purchasing information for a series of national and international printed wall maps produced by the Atlas of Canada.
Selected Thematic Maps
This section provides access to a selection of downloadable thematic maps produced by the Atlas of Canada.
- Date Modified: