The National Topographic System (NTS) provides general-purpose topographic map coverage of Canada.
List of Topics:
Topographic Maps in the Atlas of Canada
The Atlas of Canada offers Toporama – free access to the National Topographic System (NTS) in an easy-to-use online mapping tool.
The National Topographic System (NTS) – An Overview
What is a topographic map? Select one of the links below to find out all about topographic maps and the National Topographic System (NTS).
Topographic Map Distributors – Paper Maps
To find the National Topographic System (NTS) map number for the area you are interested in and to purchase printed topographic maps, select one of the links below to locate a map distributor near you.
Digital Topographic Data
To obtain free digital topographic data available on GeoGratis, select one of the links below.
- Toporama WMS – The Toporama Web Map Service offers a complete topographic map coverage of Canada that is compliant to Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards. The service offers data at scales from 1:60 000 000 to 1:50 000 and 16 feature themes.
- Toporama Tiles - Raster topographic map files, at a scale of 1:50 000, based on the National Topographic System (NTS).
- CanVec+ – Multi-source product, used in Toporama – Mapping Tool, combining the best available vector topographic data.
- CanMatrix – Georeferenced, Digital topographic maps of Canada at the scales of 1:250 000 and 1:50 000
- CanMatrix – Print Ready, Digital topographic maps of Canada at the scales of 1:250 000 and 1:50 000
- National Topographic Database – National Topographic Database (NTDB) at the scales of 1:250 000 and 1:50 000 (collection no longer supported, replaced by CanVec+ at the scale of 1:50 000 only)
User Agreement: Use of the Atlas data is subject to the Open Government Licence - Canada.
Liability Note – For Topographic Maps in the Atlas of Canada
Natural Resources ("Canada") makes no representations about the suitability for any purpose of the geographic data and attribute data ("Data") on this website. All such Data is provided on an "as is" basis and the Data has not been validated by Canada.
Canada makes no representations or warranties respecting the Data, either expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including but not limited to, effectiveness, completeness, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose. Canada does not assume any liability in respect of any damage or loss incurred or suffered as a result of the use of the Data. In no event shall Canada be liable in any way for loss of revenue or contracts, or any other consequential loss of any kind resulting from the use of the Data.
- Date Modified: