Publications of the GNBC and its individual members include policy documents and manuals, gazetteers, glossaries, newsletters and brochures. Some of these sell for a variety of prices, some items are available free of charge. For more information please contact the GNBC Secretariat or individual GNBC members.
Free of charge
- Guide to the field collection of native geographical names [PDF, 417.7 kb] (1992)
- Principles and Procedures for Geographical Naming (2011)
- Aboriginal Place Names - Charting Our Heritage
Hardcopy available in two bilingual versions; English/French and English/Inuktitut.
- Canada's Geographical Names Approved in English and French (2006) [PDF, 4.3 Mb]
- Geographical names and the Geographical Names Board of Canada (2004)
- Naming Canada’s geographical features (2004)
- Canoma Index, Volumes 1-26, 1975-2000
- Twenty-six volumes of Canoma, each of two issues, have been printed between 1975 and 2000. Articles included in these volumes are indexed in this alphabetical list.
- Each item is referenced by title and by author. Where applicable, a citation is also included under the name of a province or territory, an individual, a committee, or a particular topic within the field of toponymy.
- Date Modified: