Ph.D. in Atmospheric Physics, 1990, Cologne University, Germany
Contact Information: Ying Zhang
2005 ESS Team Merit Award (Collaboration and Partnership)
CURRENT S&T / RESEARCH
Contributing to the NRCan Earth Sciences Sector’s mandate of providing Canadians the updated information about Canadian land surface and topographic maps, with remote sensing sciences and technologies.
- Developing technology and methodology through scientific research on mapping of land surface features, especially the man-made features, based on earth observation data.
- The trends and impacts of urbanization on natural environmental changes and resources consumption.
- Efficient retrieval of the land surface characteristics, such as surface temperature, imperviousness, surface albedo and radiation budget, from remotely sensed imagery.
- Developing information integration methodology based on diverse remote sensing data from high/low-resolution and optical/radar sensors.
- Developing improved information retrieval technology for contaminated remote sensing images.
Zhang, Y. and B. Guindon. 2006. Using Satellite Remote Sensing to Survey Transportation-related Urban Sustainability. Part I: Methodologies for indicator quantification. Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation. Vol. 8, 149-164.
Zhang, Y. and B. Guindon. 2005. Landscape Assessment of Human Impacts on Deforestation in the Great Lakes Watershed. Canada J. Remote Sensing. Vol. 31, No. 2, 153-166.
Zhang, Y. and B. Guindon. 2003. Quantitative Assessment of a Haze Suppression Methodology: Effect on Land Cover Classification Performance. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.Vol.4, No.5, 1082-1089.
Zhang, Y., B. Guindon and J. Cihlar. 2002. An Image Transform to Characterize and Compensate for Spatial Variations in Thin Cloud Contamination of Landsat Images. Remote Sensing of Environment. Vol. 82. 173-187.
Zhang, Y., Z. Li and A. Macke. 2002. Retrieval of Surface Solar Radiation Budget under Ice-cloudy Sky: Uncertainty Analysis and Parameterisation. J. Atmospheric Sciences. Vol. 59. 2951-2965.
List of publications for Ying Zhang in GEOSCAN
- Date Modified: