As every building project is unique, the following steps are not intended to be followed rigidly. Rather, they represent a broad outline of the basic commissioning process, which should be adapted to suit the needs of each specific project.
|Phase||Role of the commissioning team|
Get the Commissioning Guide for New Buildings
For more detailed information on the commissioning process, read Natural Resources Canada's Commissioning Guide for New Buildings. This step-by-step guide details the complete process of commissioning a new building and includes comprehensive information on:
- the benefits and costs of commissioning new buildings
- the roles and responsibilities of the members of a commissioning team
- strategies for guaranteeing rewarding results
- Canada Green Building Council
- Building Commissioning Association
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Portland Energy Conservation Inc. (PECI)
For more information, see our Commissioning/Recommissioning resources page.
- Date Modified: