Learn from the experts
In addition to training and awareness opportunities offered by Natural Resources Canada, the following courses are offered by external organizations to help you increase energy efficiency in your organization:
Our partners and allies offer specific workshops, courses and certification programs that can help ensure that you and your employees have the knowledge and skills you need to save money and resources.
- RETScreen® Training
Natural Resources Canada provides hands-on training on the latest version of RETScreen software, which you can use to evaluate energy efficient technologies and make the most of your investments.
- The Canada Green Building Council provides its members and other professionals in the buildings sector with a variety of courses and resources for designing and building sustainable spaces. Take your environmental expertise to the next level with the council's in-class workshops, e-learning publications and exam-preparation resources.
- The Building Owners and Managers Association of Canada offers access to a wide range of educational programs and on-line assessment tools, including BOMA BESt and e-Energy Training for Building Operations, to help you achieve your goals. Certification is available for five building types: offices, shopping centres, open-air retail plazas, light industrial buildings and multi-unit residential buildings.
- The Association québécoise pour la maîtrise de l'énergie offers a number of certification courses and workshops (available in French only) for individuals who are responsible for building energy efficiency.
- Seneca College of Toronto, Ontario offers a number of Building Environmental Systems (search “Building Environmental Systems), featuring a comprehensive multi-skills training approach. These programs serve the special learning needs of owners, companies and organizations interested in developing the optimum capacities of their staff.
- The Green Roofs for Healthy Cities offers the Green Roof Education Program across North America.
- The Educational Program Innovations Centre (EPIC) offers a variety of practical courses to enhance the performance of engineers and other technical professionals across Canada.
- Industrial & Building Energy eXpertise (IBEX) is a self-paced, online training program in energy management.
- Canadian Institute for Energy Training offers a wide range of energy and water efficiency management training programs for industrial, commercial and institutional organizations. The program also designs and delivers customized training to meet specific needs of public and private organizations.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Training offers free online training to help you improve the energy performance of your organization.
- Canadian Standards Association's Implementing IS0 50001 Energy Management Systems provides guidance on how to implement an energy management system using ISO 50001. It will enable practitioners to build the necessary systems and processes to improve energy efficiency, help reduce consumption and their associated costs and improve overall energy performance in their organization's operations.
- Date Modified: