Information Archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
The following dates for the ecoENERGY Retrofit − Homes program should help ensure you meet these important deadlines. There are unfortunately no mechanisms to request exceptions or extensions.
2007-2011 Phase of the Program
- April 1, 2007 – Launch of program
- March 31, 2011 – End of 2007-2011 phase
Current Phase of the Program
- June 6, 2011 – Budget 2011 presented in Parliament - Homeowners must purchase products and equipment listed in the Grant Table on or after this date, and start installing eligible upgrades only after a pre-retrofit evaluation (performed since April 2007)
- January 28, 2012 – Registrations closed for new and past participants after reaching the goal of 250,000 registrations
- March 31, 2012 – Deadline to purchase and install eligible products and equipment, and to obtain a pre-retrofit evaluation from a licensed service organization
- June 30, 2012 - Deadline to obtain a post-retrofit evaluation and to sign an application form for eligible retrofits completed by March 31, 2012
The deadlines for complementary regional programs may differ. Most homeowners receive their grant cheques within 90 days after their post-retrofit evaluation. For more information on the deadlines above, visit the Frequently-Asked Questions pages.
Next: Grant Table
- Date Modified: