CIPEC and Natural Resources Canada can help your organization cut costs, improve energy efficiency and reduce industrial greenhouse gases.
CIPEC Leaders have access to:
- cost-shared assistance to perform ISO 50001 implementation pilots, energy management projects, process integration studies and/or computational fluid dynamics studies
- industry networking opportunities with CIPEC sector task forces
- customized energy management workshops and toolkits
- technical information and calculators
- other Leader services
It's quick, easy and free – join CIPEC today and be recognized as an industry leader!
Did you know?
This award-winning voluntary Government of Canada and industry partnership has been helping organizations improve energy efficiency since 1975.
The inaugural Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM) Energy Management Leadership Awards were presented at the seventh CEM in San Francisco on June 2, 2016. This global leadership and case study awards program recognizes those who are transforming their organizations with the ISO 50001 energy management systems standard to save energy, reduce costs, and share experiences to inspire others to implement the standard. To qualify, each applicant is required to implement an ISO 50001 or Superior Energy Performance energy management system and to submit a case study outlining the benefits achieved by their organization. A panel of judges selected by the Energy Management Working Group grades and assigns a score to each case study.
CIPEC congratulates all winners and entrants, and recognizes the following achievements by CIPEC Leader companies:
- New Gold Inc. - New Afton Mine, was one of three winners of the global CEM Award of Excellence in Energy Management, which brings high-profile government recognition and media attention.
- New Gold and 3M Company submitted the two top-scoring entries with Canadian facilities and were also awarded the CIPEC National Energy Management Award at Energy Summit 2016 in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- 3M, Catalyst Paper and Schneider Electric each received an Energy Management Insight award, which recognizes their qualifying entries for helping to build insight on the benefits of energy management systems.
To view the case study entries and filter by sector, country, and type of award, visit the CEM Energy Management Working Group Case Studies page.
The CEM awards are to be presented annually and CIPEC encourages Canadian industrial firms to apply. Refer to the Energy Management Leadership Awards website for more information.
About ISO 50001
To obtain the complete version of the ISO 50001 Energy Management Systems Standard, visit the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) website.
Canada was the first country in the world to adopt ISO 50001 as their energy management systems standard, entitled CAN/CSA-ISO 50001. Details on this standard are available on the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) website.
If your organization is considering a CAN/CSA-ISO 50001 implementation and is seeking a Canadian registrar to certify your plant upon completion, a Canadian accreditation program is in place. More information on the Energy Management Systems Accreditation Program is available from the Standards Council of Canada website.
- Date Modified: