CanmetENERGY developed the INTEGRATION software in order to better respond to the need for practical and low-cost process integration computation tools. With this software, energy efficiency experts are able to identify and evaluate energy saving projects in a global analysis framework.
The INTEGRATION software consists of several computation modules based on sophisticated analysis models and tools built around a user-friendly interface.
The Pinch Analysis module allows:
- Carrying out a Pinch analysis of the heat exchangers in a given process, with the option of including – or not including – waste heat from utility production systems
- Determining the potential for energy savings (during heating and cooling) and identifying the heat exchangers that are sources of inefficient energy use
- Defining the changes needing to be made to a given set of heat exchangers in order to improve energy recovery
For more information about the software, see the INTEGRATION software page. In addition to the Pinch Analysis module, the software also includes the following modules:
- Boiler – for steam production and thermal fluid systems
- Refrigeration – for industrial refrigeration systems
- Compressed Air – for process air and gas compressors
- Date Modified: