Multimodal carriers are eligible to become SmartWay Partners. A multimodal carrier is a company that:
- operates its own private truck fleet combined with one or more of the following; a rail company, a barge company or a logistics brokerage; and also
- operates its own private truck fleet with:
- at least 5% of its freight shipping contracted with truck and/or logistics companies; or
- at least 10% of its freight shipping contracted with rail, air, and/or barge companies
The SmartWay Transport Partnership helps multimodal carriers to benchmark operations, track fuel consumption and improve environmental performance annually. Multimodal carriers registered in the program are known as SmartWay Partners. SmartWay helps multimodal carriers to:
- Reduce operating costs by improving fuel efficiency
- Attract business from SmartWay shippers
- Differentiate their operations from competitors; and
- Reduce their carbon footprint
By joining SmartWay as a SmartWay Partner, you are notifying suppliers, customers and investors that your sustainability goals include a commitment to clean freight
What’s new in this version?
Version 2.0.16 of the Multimodal Tool contains a number of updates and revisions to the prior version, 2.0.15. These updates have been implemented to enhance the usefulness and clarity of the Tool, and are summarized below:
- Reports may now be exported to Excel for off-line evaluation.
- New pop-up windows were added to assist users on calculations and fuel use conversions.
- A “Modes Included” column has been added to the Composite Fleet Metrics Report (for Partner Total and by Composite Fleet reporting options).
- Miscellaneous text and format updates.
Become a SmartWay Partner in three steps:
- Review the User Guides which will help you to complete the Tool.
- Download and complete the Multimodal Tool by entering your fleet-level activity and operations data in the Multimodal Tool.
- Send your completed Multimodal Tool to NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca for approval by June 23, 2017.
Please contact SmartWay with questions that you may have at 1-855-322-1564 or by e-mail at NRCan.SmartWay.RNCan@canada.ca
- Date Modified: