Projects by Research Area:
- Coal and Carbon Capture & Storage
- Energy Efficient Buildings & Communities
- Smart Grid
- Unconventional Oil & Gas
- Assessing Forest Biomass as a Bioenergy Feedstock: The Availability and Recovery of Biomass in Uneven-aged Forests, University of Toronto
- Biomass-rich Waste Conversion into Drop-in Fuels, Enerkem Inc.
- Innovative Biomass Supply Chain Solutions for Commercial and Institutional Heating Plants Used in the Forestry Sector, Quebec Federation of Forestry Cooperatives
- Lignin-to-Drop-In BioJetfuels and Chemicals, CRB Innovations Inc.
- Production and Conversion of Biorefinery Cellulose to Advanced Fuels, Biochemicals and Biomaterials, Lignol Innovations Ltd.
Coal and Carbon Capture & Storage
- Alberta CO2 Purity Project (ACPP), Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada
- Carbon Storage Onshore Nova Scotia – Injection Site Characterization, CCS Research Consortium of Nova Scotia
- Development of a Pilot-scale Supercritical-CO2 Brayton Cycle Demonstration Loop, Carleton University
- Enzymatic Technology for Efficient Carbon Capture from Oil Sands Operations, CO2 Solutions Inc.
- Identification of Options for CO2 Storage in the Athabasca Area, Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures
- Surface Containment Monitoring for Carbon Capture and Storage, Saint Francis Xavier University
- Atmospheric leak detection as a tool for bitumen steam chamber and oil well integrity risk analyses, Saint Francis Xavier University
Energy Efficient Buildings & Communities
- Advanced Liquid Desiccant Air Handling System, Venmar CES, Inc.
- Community Integrated Energy Mapping Feasibility Study: Gateway to Alberta’s Energy Demand & Supply, Climate Change Central
- High Efficiency Commercial Refrigeration Systems utilizing an Ejector, Carnot Refrigeration Inc.
- Integrated Air to Water Heat Pump System for Domestic Hot Water and Space Heating for Low Energy and Net Zero Energy Housing, Sumaran Inc
- Integrated Approach to Development of a High Efficiency Energy Recovery and Intelligent Ventilation System, dPoint Technologies
- Intelligent Net-zero Energy Buildings, Concordia University
- Plug & Play Building-Integrated Photovoltaic and Thermal (BIPV-T) Technologies, Montréal ZERO Inc.
- Thermoacoustic Cogeneration Engine Development, Etalim Inc.
- Canadian Hydrokinetic Turbine Test Centre (CHTTC), University of Manitoba
- Development of Codes and Standards for Marine Energy Converters, Marine Renewables Canada Society
- Integration of deep geothermal energy in Canada's energy portfolio, Institut de recherche d’Hydro-Québec (IREQ)
- Kortright Energy Yield Test Standard, Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
- Pan-Canadian Wind Integration Study
- Reducing the cost of in-stream tidal energy generation through comprehensive hydrodynamic site assessment, Acadia University
- VB (Virtual Blade) Wind Power, GTRenergy Ltd.
- West Coast Wave Initiative (WCWI), University of Victoria
- Development of a Utility Grade Controller for Remote Microgrids with High Penetration Renewable Generation, Hatch Ltd.
- Direct-Current (DC) Arc-Free Circuit Breaker for Utility-Grid Battery Storage System, University of Toronto
- Managing Energy Storage Capacities Dispersed in an Electrical Grid to Reduce the Effects of Renewable Energy Source Variability, La Corporation de l’École Polytechnique de Montréal
- Powering Plug-In Electric Vehicles with Renewable Energy Supply in BC
- Developing Electrical Safety Standards to Introduce Electric Vehicles into Canada, CSA Group
- Development of Thick Film Electric Heaters for Thermal Modulation of Battery Systems, Dana Canada Corporation
- Electric Mobility Adoption and Prediction Tool, The Pollution Probe Foundation
- High Energy Density Energy Storage for Automotive Applications, University of Waterloo
- Improved Fluxless Aluminum Brazing Materials and Process Technology for Manufacturing of Advanced Battery Cooling Heat Exchangers, Dana Canada Corporation
- Low Cost Wheel Motors for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles,TM4 Inc.
Unconventional Oil & Gas
- Applying Duplex Wave Migration (DWM) and Seismic Modelling Technology to Delineate Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage process Steam Chambers and Reduce CO2 Emissions, TetraSeis Inc.
- Canada-Israel Energy Science & Technology Fund, Canada-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation
- Dewatering Wet Tailings Generated From Oil Sands Extraction, University of Alberta
- Emissions Reductions and Energy Efficiency in Crude Bitumen and Heavy Oil, PTAC
- Enhancements to an Online Steam Analyser for Thermally Enhanced Heavy Oil Recovery, PTAC
- Fundamentals of Non-Aqueous Extraction of Oilsands, University of Alberta
- Inline Dewatering of Oil Sands Tailings, InLine Dewatering Limited
- Low Grade Heat Driven Produced Water Treatment, Saltworks Technologies Inc.
- Novel Water Treatment Technology for Application to Hydraulic Fracturing, PTAC
- Proppant Surface Treatment and Well Stimulation for Tight Oil and Shale Gas Development, PTAC
- Submerged Combustion Vaporizer for Heating and Pressurizing Hydrocarbon Reservoirs, Combustions Solutions Inc.
- Technical and Economic Benefits of Gas Injection in Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) Wind Down, PTAC
- Understanding Oil Sands Tailings Treatment at Nano, Micro and Macro-Scales with Increased Water Recycling/Reuse, University of Alberta,
- Understanding the Fate of Non-recovered Fracturing Water and the Source of Produced Salts for Optimizing Fracking Operations, University of Alberta
- Date Modified: