Buy ENERGY STAR® certified windows, doors and skylights (Fenestration products) to save you money!
Canada's colder climate means that space heating accounts for a remarkable 63% of the energy used in the average Canadian home. However, did you know that windows can account for up to 25% of your home’s total heat loss?
Windows certified to the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient specification are even more efficient—up to 40% more compared to a standard double-pane window!!!
ENERGY STAR certified windows, doors and skylights have special features to cut down on energy loss and reduce condensation. Make the switch to ENERGY STAR certified products to cut your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
ENERGY STAR certified fenestration products
The following ENERGY STAR certified products are available in Canada:
- Windows (operable and fixed)
- Doors (hinged and sliding)
- Door sidelites and tansoms (windows beside or above the door)
- Skylights (standard and tubular)
To learn more ENERGY STAR certified windows, doors and skylights, visit the windows, doors and skylights product page.
Start your research using the Searchable product lists.
- Windows – ENERGY STAR (including Most Efficient 2016 models)
- Doors – ENERGY STAR
- Door Sidelites and Transoms – ENERGY STAR
- Skylights – ENERGY STAR
- Determine your ENERY STAR climate zone before you go shopping. Every ENERGY STAR certified window, door and skylight has an ENERGY STAR label that indicates the Canadian climate zone or zones the product qualifies for.
- If you’re ordering in a showroom, ask for only ENERGY STAR certified products for your climate zone.
- For extra savings select a product certified for a colder climate zone than your own.
Tools to find energy efficient windows, doors & skylights
- The easiest way to identify efficient windows, skylights and doors is to look for the ENERGY STAR symbol. For windows, doors & skylights, your label indicates the Canadian climate zone or zones that the product qualifies for. All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to strict efficiency standards and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
- The technical specification is “made in Canada” and recognizes the challenges of our country’s unique climate range. Review a summary of qualifications for ENERGY STAR.
- The “ENERGY STAR Most Efficient” designation is offered each year to products that are “the best of the best” – the top energy performers in their class. Learn more about ENERGY STAR Most Efficient windows.
- See our list of ENERGY STAR participating manufacturers and retailers.
- For further information on improving energy efficiency at home or work, visit our energy efficiency library to access a variety of publications.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: