Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
ENERGY STAR certified LED (light emitting diode) Christmas lights or decorative light strings use 75% less energy, on average, than conventional incandescent light strings. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Last up to 10 times longer, meaning fewer replacements; and come with a three-year warranty.
- More durable and shock-resistant than incandescent light strings.
- Cool to the touch, which reduces the risk of fire.
- Dimming and colour shifting options on some models.
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified decorative light strings. (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Consider buying single-colour LED lights. LED strings in a single colour save even more energy than multi-colored LEDs – using up to 90% less than incandescent bulbs.
- Never connect LED to incandescent light strings. This can pose a safety hazard and also reduce the life of the LEDs.
- For optimum performance put your light strings on a timer, or purchase certified products with a built-in timer.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: