Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
ENERGY STAR certified imaging equipment (including photocopiers, printers, scanners, all-in-one-devices, fax machines and mailing machines) use 30% less energy, on average, than standard models. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Save energy when being used (through efficient power supplies) and when inactive (by entering low-power “sleep” mode).
- Designed to limit the use of hazardous substances (lead, mercury, cadmium).
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified imaging equipment (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website. Make sure to click “Canada” under the “Markets” header when searching.)
- Put equipment to sleep. Adjust settings so that imaging equipment will enter into a low-power mode when idle to ensure the best power use.
- Disconnect equipment that is not in use to prevent energy waste.
- Alternatively, plug your equipment into a power bar with your computer. This way you can turn everything off with one simple flick of a switch and eliminate standby power waste.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: