Starring—the procurement officer!
As a procurement officer, you are the link between product makers and users. You can play a key role in transforming the Canadian market towards energy efficiency.
Improving your organization’s bottom line
In the first instance, you can help get your organization the best value.
- Learn about the types of products that qualify for ENERGY STAR®.
- Understand the business case for buying ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Look for ways to use more ENERGY STAR certified products in your organization.
- Watch for rebates and other incentives to purchase ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Consult the ENERGY STAR website regularly for information about new certification criteria and new products.
Transforming your organization—and the market
More broadly, you can promote awareness of the demand for and availability of energy efficient products.
- Tell colleagues and managers about the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Let suppliers know that energy efficiency is a factor in your procurement decisions—and why.
- Build the capacity for green procurement in your organization—take training, give training; share knowledge; grow awareness and commitment.
- Google “green procurement Canada” on the Internet and get involved in the broad alliance of organizations and efforts engaged in green procurement.
- Join ENERGY STAR as an official Participant in Canada’s energy efficiency movement.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: