Examples to use in contracts or tenders
Here are some examples of language you can use in tendering documents and contracts to ensure you are procuring ENERGY STAR® certified products.
The vendor must provide products that are qualified to use the ENERGY STAR symbol and meet the ENERGY STAR specifications for energy efficiency. Complete product specifications and an up-to-date listing of certified products are available on our website.
The vendor must:
- deliver all certified products properly configured for current ENERGY STAR specifications
- ensure that installation services include the full activation and proper configuration of any automatic energy-saving, power-down and/or power management features
- ensure that maintenance services include the full reactivation and proper reconfiguration of any automatic energy-saving, power-down and/or power management features to the terms of the current ENERGY STAR specifications at the time of service
- customize sites and train users in order to maximize the energy efficiency of installed products
- not disable power management features except at the request of site staff
- provide ongoing customer support on all energy-saving, power-down and power management features
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: