Joining ENERGY STAR® and meeting the requirements
Formal process in place
The ENERGY STAR symbol is the international mark that identifies high-efficiency products and equipment. How does a product actually qualify to carry the symbol?
- Meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR technical specifications.
- Energy performance is tested and certified by government-approved agencies.
- Manufacturer/dealer becomes a formal Participant in the ENERGY STAR Initiative in Canada, signing an agreement with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
- Manufacturer abides by the guidelines for Participants, including sharing information with NRCan, promoting the brand, and using the ENERGY STAR mark appropriately.
- NRCan protects the symbol’s integrity, and responds to any labelling, certification or compliance concerns that arise in the Canadian market.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: