ENERGY STAR® Canada celebrates our second ENERGY STAR day on October 24, 2017.
The purpose of ENERGY STAR Day is to raise awareness of the important role that energy efficiency plays in helping Canadians combat climate change; and to celebrate the great strides our participants, stakeholders and citizens have made together in saving energy. If there’s one day to sing the praises of the role that ENERGY STAR plays in Canada’s energy efficiency efforts, it’s this one.
ENERGY STAR Canada day 2017
ENERGY STAR Canada is challenging Canadians to make a simple change:
- Swap out an old-fashioned incandescent bulb for a high efficiency ENERGY STAR certified LED.
- In the market for a new home? Look up builders in your community offering ENERGY STAR certified New Homes.
There are many ways for Canadians to take part:
- Buy an ENERGY STAR certified product and tell us about it on Twitter - @ENERGYSTAR_CAN or Facebook - @ENERGYSTARCanada using the hashtag #ENERGYSTARCanada.
- Tell us about why you love your ENERGY STAR certified home on Twitter - @ENERGYSTAR_CAN or Facebook - @ENERGYSTARCanada using the hashtag #ENERGYSTARCanada.
- Share your favourite energy efficiency tips and join in the conversation on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtags #ENERGYSTARDay and #ENERGYSTARCanada.
- Enter to win one of two ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats from Nest and Ecobee, one of our newest ENERGY STAR product categories. Follow the ENERGY STAR Canada Facebook and Twitter channels for all the details or see rules below.
- Research: If you’re not quite ready to make a purchase, take some time to research replacements for existing products in your home. (Hint: that 20-year-old fridge in your basement, garage or at the cottage is probably expanding your energy bills!)
- Share the ENERGY STAR Canada website and social media with your friends, neighbours, colleagues and family who are looking for products or homes, and remind them to keep their eyes out for the ENERGY STAR symbol while shopping.
If you’re an ENERGY STAR Participant or stakeholder, please e-mail your Account Manager or drop the Brand Team a line at email@example.com to get involved in ENERGY STAR Day planning.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
Participants must reside in Canada to be eligible to win. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to be eligible to win.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Natural Resources Canada (located at 930 Carling Avenue, Building 3, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0Y3, Canada) in collaboration with Nest and Ecobee.
How to enter
- Follow ENERGY STAR Canada on Twitter or Facebook
- Take a picture of an ENERGY STAR certified product in your home (or the label in a certified home)
- Share your photo on Facebook or Twitter and tag our official accounts
- Use the hashtags #ENERGYSTARCanada and #ENERGYSTARDay
Entries will open October 17, 2017 at 9:00am EDT and close October 31, 2017 at 5:00pm EDT. Two winners will be chosen by random draw. Winners will be announced via ENERGY STAR Canada’s Facebook and Twitter channels on November 1, 2017.
Prizes and approximate retail values
- An Ecobee3 smart thermostat. Retail price: $285.98 (provided by sweepstake sponsor– Ecobee)
- A Nest Thermostat E. Retail price: $229.00 (provided by sweepstake sponsor– Nest)
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Date Modified: