For manufacturers/importers

Call for submissions 2017

Providing energy-efficient choices for Canadians

If you manufacture energy-using products in Canada, trade these products between provinces and territories, or import them into Canada, you need to know whether your product is:

  • required to meet minimum energy performance standards under Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations;
  • required to have an EnerGuide label;
  • eligible for ENERGY STAR® certification as a high efficiency model.

You will also need to know about:

  • testing protocols for products; and
  • reporting requirements to Natural Resources Canada and/or Canada Border Services Agency.

Find out more about Regulations

Find out more about EnerGuide labelling

Find out more about ENERGY STAR

The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are administered and promoted in Canada by Natural Resources Canada and are registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.