Amendments to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations (the Regulations) typically follow this public consultation process.
- Notice of Intent is published in the Canada Gazette (the official newspaper of the Government of Canada) indicating Natural Resources Canada’s intent to proceed with the development of an amendment to the Regulations.
- Pre-consultation: technical bulletins and webinars are posted on the Natural Resources Canada website.
- Pre-publication: proposed regulation is published in the Canada Gazette, Part I with a 75-day public comment period.
- Publication: final version, including revisions and effective dates, is published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
Current regulatory proposals
- Notice of Intent published March 4, 2017 in Canada Gazette, Part I.
- Notice of Intent published April 30, 2016 in the Canada Gazette Part I.
- Pre-consultation with technical bulletins/webinars posted on NRCan’s website.
Forward Regulatory Plan
NRCan publishes a Forward Regulatory Plan that outlines amendments under consideration.
See the 2017-2019 plan.
On the regulatory process:
- A comprehensive description of the regulatory process.
- The Guide to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations.
On the legal documents:
- Date Modified: