Energy Efficiency Regulations
Gas-fired storage water heater means a stationary gas-fired storage heated water container that
- uses propane or natural gas for fuel;
- has an input of not more than 21.97 kW (75,000 Btu/h); and
- has a storage tank capacity, Vr, of at least 76 L (20 US gallons) but not more than 380 L (100 US gallons).
Products manufactured on or after December 31, 2016
Energy Efficiency Standard
Energy factor of ≥ 0.675 – 0.00039 Vr
Energy Efficiency Report Requirements
- product name (gas-fired storage water heater);
- brand name;
- model number;
- the name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package;
- its Vr, expressed in litres;
- its input rate, expressed in kilowatts;
- its recovery efficiency;
- its energy factor;
- the fuel it uses;
- its annual energy consumption, expressed in kilo- joules; and
- its first hour rating, expressed in litres.
Download the energy efficiency reporting template
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: