Energy Efficiency Regulations
A household tumble-type clothes dryer that is electrically operated.
Manufactured on or after January 1, 2015
CAN/CSA-C361-12 or 10 C.F.R Appendix D2
|Type of Product||Minimum Combined Energy Factor|
|Conventional standard electric||1.69||3.73|
|Conventional compact electric 120 V||1.64||3.61|
|Conventional compact electric 240||1.48||3.27|
|Ventless compact electric 240 V||1.16||2.55|
|Ventless combination washer-dryer electric||0.94||2.08|
Energy Efficiency Report Requirements
- name of product;
- brand name;
- model number;
- the name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package;
- annual energy consumption in;
- energy factor in kg/kWh;
- size category: compact or standard;
- nominal voltage;
- type of drying control - timed, auto-temperature or auto-moisture;
- capacity, in L, of clothes dryer’s drum; and
- combined energy factor in kg/kWh.
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: