Energy Efficiency Regulations
A household electric range. It does not include a portable range that is designed for an electrical supply of 120 V or microwave oven.
Manufactured on or after August 1, 2003
|Product Type||Maximum allowable energy consumption, kWh/year|
|Ranges||2.0V + 458|
|Ovens||2.0V + 200|
|V = oven volume, L|
Energy Efficiency Report Requirements
- name of product;
- brand name;
- model number;
- the name of the certification body or province whose verification mark will be on the product or its package;
- annual energy consumption in kWh;
- type and size category;
- volume, in L, of usable oven space for each oven;
- exterior oven width;
- oven configuration, namely, single oven, double oven or double oven with microwave upper oven;
- baking mode the product has, namely, normal bake or normal bake with forced convection;
- information that indicates whether product is built-in or wall-mounted; and
- annual clock energy consumption in kWh.
Download the energy efficiency reporting template.
This document does not constitute part of the Energy Efficiency Act (Act) or its associated regulations. This document is an administrative document that is intended to facilitate compliance by the regulated party with the Act and its associated regulations. This document is not intended to provide legal advice regarding the interpretation of the Act or its associated regulations. If a regulated party has questions about their legal obligations or responsibilities under the Act or its associated regulations, they should seek the advice of legal counsel.
- Date Modified: