The ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative
The ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative (ecoEII) received funding in Budget 2011, the Next Phase of Canada’s Economic Action Plan, for a comprehensive suite of research and development (R&D) and demonstration projects. The program’s objective is to support energy technology innovation to produce and use energy in a cleaner and more efficient way. This Initiative is a key component of the Government of Canada’s actions to achieve real emissions reductions, while maintaining Canada’s economic advantage and its ability to create jobs for Canadians. The ecoEII will also help in the search for long-term solutions to reducing and eliminating air pollutants from energy production and use.
Activities funded under ecoEII are in five strategic priority areas:
- Energy Efficiency
- Clean Electricity and Renewables
- Electrification of Transportation
- Unconventional Oil and Gas
The Initiative consists of two separate funding streams: one for R&D projects, and one for demonstration projects. Both were launched in August 2011.
Following a rigorous review and due diligence process successful proposals have been selected and proponents invited to sign a contribution agreement.
Projects with signed contributions agreements can be found at the following links:
- For information on research and development (R&D) projects please click here.
- For information on demonstration projects please click here.
Note: There is no current call for proposals and at present we do not expect that there will be any further calls.
To Contact ecoEII
If you have questions, or wish to contact the program, please send an e-mail to eco-en@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca.
ecoEII Service Standards
The ecoEII Program has established the following service standards:
- Responses to requests for information through the e-mail address - 2 business days
- Preparation of a contribution agreement once due diligence is completed - 14 weeks
- Payment of valid and complete invoices - 30 days