Users of Restricted Components
Users of any of the following ten (10) Restricted Components must provide their supplier with proper identification (e.g., government photo identification) and intent of use:
- Ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen
- Hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of at least 30%
- Nitric acid at a concentration of at least 75%
- Nitromethane, UN number 1261
- Potassium chlorate, UN number 1485
- Potassium perchlorate, UN number 1489
- Sodium chlorate in solid form, UN number 1495
- Potassium nitrate, UN number 1486
- Sodium nitrate in solid form, UN number 1498
- Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate mixture, UN number 1499
Users are also advised to take security measures to prevent the theft of restricted components and to immediately report to local police any signs of theft, attempted theft, tampering or loss of restricted components.
Users are prohibited from reselling any amount of restricted components.
Transporters of Ammonium Nitrate (AN)
Transporters of Ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen are advised to take security measures to prevent the theft of AN, and to immediately report to their supplier any signs of theft, attempted theft, tampering or loss of AN.
Additional tips for ammonium nitrate are available in the Ammonium Nitrate Code of Practice from the Fertilizer Safety and Security Council.
- Date Modified: