The Overview of Trends in Canadian Mineral Exploration report is prepared annually by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). The 2009 edition contains:
- a review of mineral exploration and resource development in Canada;
- an analysis of mineral exploration, deposit appraisal and mine complex development activity;
- a review of Canadian reserves of selected major metals and recent production decisions;
- a regional outlook;
- a review of Canadian global exploration activity; and
- a summary of historical exploration and deposit appraisal statistics.
The information and analyses in this report were prepared by officials from the Minerals, Metals and Materials Knowledge Branch of NRCan’s Minerals and Metals Sector. The report covers exploration, deposit appraisal and occasionally mine complex development activities for metallic minerals, nonmetallic minerals, coal and uranium. It does not refer to petroleum-related work.
NOTE TO READERS
This report is based on the information available at the time of writing. The authors make no warranty of any kind with respect to the content and accept no liability, either incidental, consequential, financial or otherwise, arising from the use of this document.