Manufacturers, importers, exporters, distributers or providers for sale of any amount of the nine (9) restricted components:
- Ammonium Nitrate in solid form (i.e., 80 percent or more of AN or 28 percent or more of nitrogen)
- Hydrogen Peroxide at a concentration of 30 percent or higher
- Nitric Acid at a concentration of 68 percent or higher
- Potassium Chlorate
- Potassium Perchlorate
- Sodium Chlorate
- Potassium Nitrate
- Sodium Nitrate
Must comply with Natural Resources Canada’s Restricted Components Regulations by:
- enrolling with the Explosives Regulatory Division (ERD) to be listed as an authorized seller of AN,
- taking security measures to protect your AN supply and all related documentation from theft and unauthorized access,
- requesting proper identification (e.g., government photo identification) and intent of use from customers purchasing AN,
- informing your end users and your transporters about how to protect their AN from theft, and
- providing the ERD Chief of Inspectors with annual inventory reports.
For more information, consult the publication “A Growing Concern: Regulating the Sale and Use of Ammonium Nitrate” (PDF, 310 kb).
To be listed as an authorized seller, register on line or fill in Form 22: Application to List as a Seller of Restricted Components (PDF, 183 kb).
Annual inventory reports can be submitted online or using Form 23: Annual Inventory Report for Ammonium Nitrate (PDF, 72 kb).
Safety and security plans for sellers of AN are outlined in Bulletin # 53.
Additional compliance tips are available in the Fertilizer Safety and Security Council Ammonia Nitrate Code of Practice.