Read about why Canada is a world leader in mining, including details on the broad benefits of mining to society and how mining contributes to the economies of developing countries.
Discover what the largest research centre in Canada dedicated to fabricating, processing and evaluating metals and minerals is up to.
Find links to resources such as how to subscribe to this site, publications, statistics, or the Kimberly Process for Rough Diamonds or Certified Reference Materials..
NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
Find out about the three major categories of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) and the NRCan NDT Certification Body. You can also read about NDT Certified Personnel, including who is currently certified by NRCan.
Canada: A Diamond-Producing Nation
Read up on the Canadian diamond industry, including a brief history, major mines, the Kimberley Process for Rough Diamonds, and our participation in the international certificate scheme to prevent conflict diamonds from entering legitimate markets.
Minerals and Metals Markets
Find out what kind of research and analysis Natural Resources Canada does and how it helps with policy and program development with respect to the minerals, metals, and materials industries.
Start here if you are interested in exploring statistics related to mineral exploration, development and production.
Certified Reference Materials
Discover NRCan’s Canadian Certified Reference Materials Project, which prepares and certifies reference materials used by various industries. You can order a catalogue of materials.
Scroll through a list of our most recent publications, including key facts and information bulletins. Additional materials, grouped by theme, are also available to download.
- Mineral Exploration and Deposit Appraisal Expenditures in Canada Information Bulletin, March 2016 (published in March 2016)
- Canadian Mineral Production Information Bulletin, March 2016 (published in March 2016)
- Map of Top 100 Exploration and Deposit Appraisal Projects of 2015 (published in March 2016)
- Interactive Map of Indigenous Mining Agreements (published in March 2016)
- Exploration and Mining in Canada: An Investor’s Brief(published in February 2016) (PDF, 2.06 MB)
- 12 Key Facts on the Minerals and Metals Sector (published in February 2016) (PDF, 1.06 MB)
- Canadian Mining Assets Information Bulletin, December 2015 (published in January 2016)
- Date Modified: