The NRCan NDTCB is implementing a user fees update to existing fees; this update will take effect July 1st, 2017. Additional new services and fees will be introduced at a later date. Application and fee submissions to the NRCan NDTCB that are postmarked, emailed or faxed after June 30th, 2017 are subject to the new fee schedule.
The NRCan NDTCB is transitioning to a new certification photo ID card design and format starting on April 26, 2017. All cards issued after May 12, 2017 will utilize the new design and format. Both the new and old card versions are valid unless the card has expired.
Once issued, Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body (NDTCB) photo ID cards are valid for six years. Shortly before your ID card expiry date, you need to renew your identification.
Application form and fees
To apply for renewal of your NRCan NDTCB photo ID card, complete the application form and return it with two (2) passport photographs and the $120 renewal fee.
Instructions for completing the photo identification renewal application form
Part 1: Photo verification
This section is to be completed and signed by a witness. The witness could be your supervisor, a bank employee, doctor or other professional person.
Part 2: Payment type
Identify your payment as a cheque, money order, or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) payment. Personal cheques are not accepted. If paying by credit card, print your name, card number, amount and expiry date. Money orders should be made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
Passport photo instructions
The two passport photographs must:
- measure 5 cm wide X 7 cm high (2 inches wide X 2-3/4 inches high)
- be taken by a commercial photographer and be professionally printed on photographic paper
- be clear, sharp, in focus, and in full colour
- be taken straight on with the face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera
- reflect your current appearance (taken within the last twelve (12) months)
- show your complete name, as well as the name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken on the back of one photo
- be submitted, via mail or courier
Self-taken and/or self-printed photographs and non-passport photographs will not be accepted. We may request additional photographs at any time if we deem previously submitted photographs unacceptable.
Mail your application to:
NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
CANMET Materials Technology Laboratory
Natural Resources Canada
183 Longwood Road South, 1st Floor
Hamilton, ON L8P 0A5
Tel.: 905-645-0653 / 1-866-858-0473
Email the NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
- Date Modified: