Consolidated Future-Oriented Statement of Operations
The consolidated future-oriented condensed statement of operations provides a general overview of Natural Resources Canada’s operations. The forecast of financial information on expenses and revenues is prepared on an accrual accounting basis to strengthen accountability and to improve transparency and financial management.
Because the consolidated future-oriented condensed statement of operations is prepared on an accrual accounting basis, and the forecast and planned spending amounts presented in other sections of the Report on Plans and Priorities are prepared on an expenditure basis, amounts differ.
A more detailed consolidated future-oriented statement of operations and associated notes, including a reconciliation of the net cost of operations to the requested authorities, can be found on Natural Resources Canada’s websitexviii.
|Net cost of operations||2,326,807,558||2,155,087,324||(171,720,234)|
The decrease of $172M between years can be mainly explained by:
- an increase in Statutory Programs – Atlantic Offshore due to fluctuations in oil and gas prices, production levels, exchange rates and operators’ costs; offset by
- a decrease in Energy-efficient Practices and Lower-carbon Energy Sources due in most part to reductions in the funding profile under the ecoENERGY for Biofuels Program and the Wind Power Program;
- a decrease in Responsible Natural Resource Management related in most part to a decrease in expenses under the Nuclear Legacy Liabilities Program as this program sunsets in March 2015 and also a decrease in remediation expenses under the Port Hope Area Initiative; and
- a decrease under Internal Services related in most part to a variation in expenses under the Stakeholder Engagement and Outreach Campaign as this program sunsets in March 2015.
The revenues remain comparable between years.
The charts presenting the distribution by program of Natural Resources Canada’s total estimated expenses for 2014-2015 and planned expenses for 2015-2016 on an accrual basis are available on the NRCan websitexix.
List of Supplementary Information Tables
The supplementary information tables listed in the 2015-16 Report on Plans and Priorities can be found on NRCan’s website.
- Details on Transfer Payment Programs;
- Disclosure of TPPs under $5 million;
- Up-Front Multi-Year Funding;
- Greening Government Operations;
- Upcoming Internal Audits and Evaluations over the next three fiscal years; and
- User Fees.
Tax Expenditures and Evaluations Report
The tax system can be used to achieve public policy objectives through the application of special measures such as low tax rates, exemptions, deductions, deferrals and credits. The Department of Finance Canada publishes cost estimates and projections for these measures annually in the Tax Expenditures and Evaluationsxx publication. The tax measures presented in the Tax Expenditures and Evaluations publication are the responsibility of the Minister of Finance.
- Date Modified: