The Energy and Mines Ministers’ Conference (EMMC) is an annual gathering of federal, provincial and territorial ministers responsible for energy and mining portfolios. At these meetings, ministers discuss shared priorities for collaborative action to advance energy and mining development across the country. This page presents the energy and mining items endorsed by ministers at the most recent meetings.
The 2015 EMMC was held on July 19 to 21st, 2015, in Halifax (Nova Scotia).
- Shale and Tight Resources in Canada
- Pipeline Safety Regimes in Canada
- After the Blackout: Implementation of Mandatory Electric Reliability Standards in Canada [PDF - 2.50 MB]
- Regulatory Side-by-Side Governing Permitting of Cross-Border Electricity Transmission Facilities between the United States and Canada (Available in English only)
- Maximizing Canada’s Energy Advantage [PDF - 2.25 MB]
- Taking Action: Moving Forward together on energy research, technology and innovation [PDF - 2.92 MB]
- Innovating for a Strong Canadian Energy and Mining Sector [PDF - 1.46 MB]
- Cameco’s Five-pillar Corporate Responsibility Strategy [PDF - 95 KB]
- Community Well-being Self-monitoring in the Naskapi Nation of Kawawachikamac [PDF - 170 KB]
- Manitoba Mining Advisory Council [PDF - 56 KB]
- Socio-Economic Monitoring Program and Framework [PDF - 59 KB]
The 2014 EMMC was held from August 24 to 26, 2014, in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Good Practices in Community Engagement and Readiness: A Compendium of Case Studies from Canada’s Minerals and Metals Sectors [PDF - 2.63 MB]
- Our Resources, New Frontiers: Overview of Competitiveness in Canada’s Natural Resources Sector [PDF - 2.74 MB]
- Mobilizing Canada’s Energy Advantage: Leveraging Energy Technology Innovation and Efficiency to Drive Competitiveness and Future Prosperity [PDF - 3.82 MB]
- Annex A: Compendium on Energy Technology Innovation in Canada [PDF - 3.24 MB]
- Energy Efficiency Update 2014: Economic Benefits of Responsible Energy Use [PDF - 2.19 MB]
- Safety and Security of Energy Pipelines in Canada [PDF - 2.98 MB]
The 2013 EMMC was held August 25–27, 2013, in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
- Responsible Shale Development: Enhancing the Knowledge Base on Shale Oil and Gas in Canada [PDF - 1.4 MB] and its Annex B: Shale Resources Compendium [PDF - 1.9 MB]
- Energy Efficiency: Taking a Balanced Approach to Energy [PDF - 2.5 MB]
- Canada – A Global Leader in Renewable Energy: Enhancing Collaboration on Renewable Energy Technologies [PDF - 929 KB]
- Canada’s New Energy Landscape [PDF - 8.1 MB]
- A website designed to provide important Canadian energy statistics to users on mobile devices, www.energyinfo.ca.
- CAPTURING THE OPPORTUNITY Realizing a Shared Vision for Canada's Energy and Mining Sectors [PDF - 1.6 MB]
- Date Modified: