Natural Resources Canada offers a wide range of publications and reports. You can also search various thematic publications databases.
- Departmental Plans and Performance
- Earth Sciences
- Minerals, Metals, and Mining
- Climate Change
- NRCan Library
- Image collections
- Audit Reports
- Departmental Performance Reports
- Evaluation Reports
- Management Accountability Framework
- Reports on Plans and Priorities
- Positioning Natural Resources Canada's Science and Technology in the Innovation System
- This document summarizes our analysis of NRCan's role in the innovation system and how it could better position itself within the evolving Science and Technology landscape.
- Science and Technology Strategy
- Creating a Sustainable Canadian Resource Advantage through Science and Technology
- Quarterly Financial Reports
- GEOSCAN Database
A bibliographic database containing scientific publications by the Geological Survey of Canada, the Canada Centre for Remote Sensing and external publications authored by departmental scientists and specialists.
- Review of Issues Affecting the Price of Crude Oil
- This report illustrates the importance of the crude oil market to Canada and the World and describes in detail the traditional drivers and emerging factors which have had an impact on the price of oil. The report also examines the economic impacts of oil price movements, and the short-term and long-term outlook for crude oil prices.
- Canada’s Fossil Energy Future: The Way Forward on Carbon Capture and Storage
- Final report from the Task Force on Carbon Capture and Storage. Its mandate was to provide advice on how government and industry can work together to facilitate and support the development of carbon capture and storage (CCS) opportunities in Canada.
- The Clean Coal Compendium and the Carbon Dioxide Capture and Storage (CCS) Compendium are broad compilations of current work and active participation in Clean Coal and CCS related endeavours, including not only scientific and engineering aspects, but also activities that address economics, implementation, public education and outreach, and regulation.
- Canada's Energy Outlook: The Reference Case 2006
- Provides a reference outlook for Canadian energy supply and demand up to 2020.
- Moving Forward on Energy Efficiency in Canada: A Foundation for Action
- Moving Forward on Energy Efficiency is designed to engage all Canadians - governments, the private sector and individuals - in a pan-Canadian effort to reduce energy consumption in homes and buildings, industry and on-road transportation.
- Improving Energy Performance in Canada - Report to Parliament under the Energy Efficiency Act for the Fiscal Year 2010-2011
- CanmetENERGY Publications
- Fact sheets, scientific papers and technical reports in the field of clean energy technologies.
- Office of Energy Efficiency Publications
- Access to publications about energy efficiency, alternative energy and clean fuels for residential, commercial, industrial and transportation uses.
- Canadian Forest Service Publications
- A catalogue of the Canadian Forest Service's publications.
- Minerals and Metals Sector Publications
- The Minerals and Metals Sector offers a wide range of publications and reports.
- Canadian Minerals Yearbook
- A comprehensive review of developments in the mineral industry published annually.
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation - Publications
- These publications include assessment reports that document recent science and examine key adaptation issues across Canada, policy-relevant documents for decision-makers of all levels, and posters, CDs, and maps for educational purposes and the general public.
- NRCan Libraries Network
- Consists of 16 libraries across Canada that develop and preserve collections relevant to Canada's mineral, forest and energy resources and landmass.
- Canadian Landscapes Photo Collection
- Contains more than 1,000 scenic images of Canada taken by scientists of the Geological Survey of Canada over the last 30 years.
- Earth Sciences Information Centre Photo Gallery
- Digitized images representing the diversity of the 520,000 negatives in the photo collection of the Geological Survey of Canada.
- National Air Photo Library
- Contains more than 6 million aerial photographs covering all of Canada, some of which date back to the 1920s.
- Climate Change in Canada posters
- A series of seven posters depicting the regional impacts of climate change in Canada
- Posters on the Mining Industry
- Bilingual posters with detailed illustrations about the mining industry.
- Geoscape Canada
- A series of posters explaining the landscapes, earth and water resources and natural hazards of Canadian communities.
- A poster series that illustrates water issues for communities across Canada.
Science @ NRCan
Your monthly electronic insight into Canada's natural resources!
Heads Up Energy Efficiency
Stay informed about energy efficiency issues and initiatives in commercial and institutional buildings. Monthly.
Heads Up CIPEC (Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation)
Learn how your company can cut costs and increase profits with information and tools designed to improve energy efficiency. Twice monthly.