The planning, development, installation and maintenance of information technology processing systems to manage, administer or support federal government programs and activities.
Completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
$53,611 - $134, 571
Types of positions may include:
- Computer Network Technicians
- User Support Technicians
- Information Systems Testing Technicians
- Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- Web designers and developers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
Duties may include:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment;
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications;
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced;
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts;
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests, participate in the redesign of applications and other software;
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems;
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data;
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements;
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site;
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software.