Computer Systems (CS)
The planning, development, installation and maintenance of information technology processing systems to manage, administer or support federal government programs and activities.
Completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed.
$53,611 - $134, 571
Types of positions may include:
- Computer Network Technicians
- User Support Technicians
- Information Systems Testing Technicians
- Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- Web designers and developers
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
Duties may include:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment;
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications;
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced;
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts;
- Execute, analyze and document results of software application tests and information and telecommunication systems tests, participate in the redesign of applications and other software;
- Design, construct, modify, integrate, implement and test data models and database management systems;
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or Internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data;
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements;
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site;
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software.
- Date modified: