The planning, development, delivery and management of economic development policies, programs, services and other activities designed to promote the establishment, growth and improvement of industry, commerce, and export trade; the regulation of trade and commerce.
Successful completion of a high school diploma or a combination of education, training and/or experience or a satisfactory result on a Public Service Commission test that would be comparable to the formal education requirement.
$53, 641 - $117, 593
Types of positions may include:
- Program Officer
- Business Development Officer
- Network Liaison Officer
- Policy and Promotion Advisor
- Science Policy Advisor
- Climate Change Officer
- Energy Guide Officer
- Intellectual Property Officer
- Chief, Alternate Fuels Program
- Manager, Renewable Power Program
Duties may include:
- Planning, development, delivery and management of economic development policies, programs, services and other activities designed to promote the establishment, growth and improvement of industry, commerce and export trade; and the regulation of trade and commerce;
- Promote more efficient use of resources in particular geographic areas through the conduct of studies and investigations and the implementation of programs and projects for this purpose;
- Promote the development and use of modern industrial technologies;
- Promotion economic development directed towards groups, regions, industries or the Canadian economy as a whole;
- Promote the export of Canadian goods and services, including the tourist industry; the expansion of Canada’s share of global trade by providing advice to Canadian companies, trade associations or other agencies of government, by safeguarding and promoting Canadian trading relationships, or by bringing the export aspects to bear in Canada’s aid and financing programs;
- Study and assess developments in international trade and trading arrangements, and their implications for the Canadian economy.