Economics and Social Sciences Services (EC)
The conduct of surveys, studies and projects in the social sciences; the conduct of economic, socio-economic and sociological research, studies, forecasts and surveys; the research, analysis and evaluation of the economic or sociological effects of departmental or interdepartmental projects, programs and policies; the development, application, analysis and evaluation of statistical and survey methods and systems; and the development, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative information and socio-economic policies and recommendations.
Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in economics, sociology or statistics.
$48, 355 - $122, 331
Types of positions may include:
- Economic Policy Researchers
- Economic Analysts
- Policy Advisors
- Industry Specialist
- Forest Sociologist
- Statistical - Project Coordinator
- Strategic - Planning Officer
Duties may include:
- Conduct research and develop models to analyze, explain and forecast economic behaviour and patterns, and devise methods for collection and analysis of data;
- Forecast production and consumption of specific products and services based on records of past production and consumption and general economic and industry-specific conditions;
- Prepare forecasts of income and expenditure, interest rates and exchange rates and examine statistical data on the exchange of goods and services among nations;
- Analyze factors which determine economic growth and advise government agencies on policies to increase economic activities, analyze factors which determine labour force participation, employment, wages, unemployment and other labour market outcomes;
- Study mathematical formulae and statistical techniques and apply them to the testing and quantifying of economic theories and the solution of economic problems;
- Monitor economic data to assess the effectiveness, and advise on the appropriateness, of monetary and fiscal policies;
- Forecast production and consumption of renewable resources and supply, consumption and depletion of non-renewable resources;
- Conduct research on market conditions in local, regional or national area to set sales and pricing levels for goods and services, to assess market potential and future trends and to develop business strategies.
- Date modified: