In its Red Tape Reduction Action Plan, the Government committed to build on the efforts of the Paperwork Burden Reduction Initiative by requiring departments, through the Administrative Burden Baseline, to provide a count of the requirements in federal regulations that impose an administrative burden on business.
All federal regulations that are administered by Natural Resources Canada that have requirements that impose administrative burden on business are identified below. The total 2017 count is 4432. The total June 30th 2014 baseline count is 4507.
Between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017, the department’s total count of administrative burden requirements declined by 75 due to the removal of reporting requirements under the Energy Efficiency Regulations for certain products.
Previous years’ counts for Natural Resources Canada are available upon request.
Natural Resources Canada – General Inquiries: (613) 995-0947
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit the Canada Gazette and Consulting with Canadians websites.
- Date Modified: