No longer accepting applications for funding for 2018-19
2019-21 Funding will be delivered through third-party organization(s). Please visit link early April 2019 to submit an application.
If you want to be an intern
To be eligible for green jobs, you must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- A post-secondary graduate
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status, and
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance during the internship.
If you want to hire an intern
Eligible employers or hiring organizations can be:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups, or
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable.
Follow a greener path for your career
What are green jobs?
Internship projects considered green jobs include:
- Designing and implementing novel wind energy systems
- Developing a comprehensive environmental baseline and monitoring soil and vegetation during a mining land reclamation process
- Improving the understanding of potential impacts of oil, gas and forestry development on wildlife, such as caribou and grizzly bears, in order to inform industrial planning
What is the Science and Technology Internship Program?
The Science and Technology Internship Program provides opportunities for post-secondary graduates to gain relevant work experience in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields in the natural resources sectors: energy, forestry and mining.
The program provides wage subsidies to encourage businesses to hire interns. Since 1997, Natural Resources Canada has delivered 50 to 60 internships a year through this program. We are now expanding the program tenfold, creating 1,200 jobs over two years.
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #GreenJobs
Email the Science and Technology Internship Program
Toll-Free in Canada: 1-877-996-6199
Telephone (Ottawa): 343-292-8849