Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program
The Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP) is looking for highly motivated individuals who are committed to creating change and contributing to the sustainable development of Canada’s natural resources. Do you want to build a rewarding career with a diverse policy portfolio? Are you looking for a meaningful way to develop solutions to Canada’s key policy issues? We are looking for candidates like you!
The Policy Analyst Recruitment and Development Program (PARDP) is Natural Resources Canada's (NRCan) signature accelerated development program with a Graduate and an Indigenous (new) Stream. Program participants learn how to effectively manage their careers and develop the skills and knowledge necessary to become leaders in policy.
Participants are hired at the EC-03 group and level (from $68,666 to $77,696) and after successfully completing two, 12-month assignments in different sectors within NRCan, graduate at the EC-05 level (from $88,618 to $101,999). Participants are required to obtain a fully satisfactory evaluation after each assignment.
Our application is now closed.
As a PARDP you can:
- contribute to climate change adaptation policy, programs, and research
- advise decision-makers on post-COVID recovery efforts, balancing economic, environmental, and social goals
- advance Indigenous reconciliation through consultation, engagement and benefit sharing efforts
- collaborate with international partners, provinces and territories
- support the analysis, research, digitalization, and innovation in energy, mining, and forestry sectors
What can PARDP offer to you?
PARDP offers professional development opportunities, community, and invaluable experience.
PARDPs gain unique policy experience through two exciting assignments in different sectors across NRCan (e.g. Energy, Lands and Minerals, Canadian Forestry, Strategic Policy and Innovation, and Indigenous Affairs and Reconciliation, etc.). Throughout each assignment, PARDPs have the opportunity to contribute to innovative policy files that work towards sustainable development of Canada’s natural resources.
- Participants receive accelerated promotions over 2 years, contingent upon satisfactory performance
- Participants are offered second official language training (French or English)
- Participants have unique access to senior officials
- Participants are paired with a peer mentor and may have access to alumni or executive mentors
PARDPs have access to a vibrant community of social and professional networks, including current and PARDP alumni, mentors, and senior management.
Stay connected through networks such as the:
- PARDP Network
- Young Professionals Network
- Indigenous Employees Network
- Black Employees Advisory Council
- Visible Minority Advisory Council
- Persons with Disabilities Network
- PRIDE Network
What PARDP offers you
- competitive compensation and benefits
- starting salary at the EC-03 level (from $68,666)
- graduating at the EC-05 level (from $88,618 to $101,999)
- accelerated development through two 12-month assignments
- relocation costs up to $5,000
- diverse experience in a fast-paced environment
- continuous support and opportunities for learning and development
- second official language training
- flexible start dates (May, September and January)
How it works
Year 1 – EC-03 rotation
Welcome to the program and your first rotation! There’s so much to learn.
Year 2 – EC-04 rotation
Rotate! Let’s get started on year two. You will face new opportunities as you begin work on new policy files.
Indeterminate EC-05 job
Congratulations! You are now a PARDP alumnus.
Get in touch
- Date modified: