- LOI results and invitation for Full Project Proposals: Late June 2018
- Project Selection Results: Fall/winter 2018
Congratulations to the Clean Growth Program semi-finalists!
We are excited to announce the shortlist of semi-finalists for the flagship $155M Clean Growth Program.
During the 4 month application period, the Program received over 750 submissions. After undergoing in-depth expert reviews, semi-finalists have been selected to submit full project proposals.
The strength of the shortlist is indicative of the abundance of high caliber projects the program received. These organizations are shining examples of the strength and innovativeness of the Canadian clean technology ecosystem.
Action on Clean Growth
Clean growth is good for our planet and our pocketbooks. That is why we introduced the Clean Growth Program (CGP), a $155 million investment in clean technology research and development (R&D) and demonstration projects in three Canadian sectors: energy, mining and forestry.
This program covers five areas focused on pressing environmental challenges and economic opportunities facing Canada’s natural resource operations:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and air-polluting emissions
- Minimizing landscape disturbances and improving waste management
- Producing and using advanced materials and bioproducts
- Producing and using energy efficiently
- Reducing water use and impacts on aquatic ecosystems
We coordinate extensively with provinces and territories to:
- ensure investments are helping Canada meet its climate change goals;
- create economic opportunities; and
- expand global-market opportunities.
What makes the Clean Growth Program unique?
The program also puts into action the Government of Canada’s new collaborative approach of doing business by leveraging investments in publicly funded research, research centres and provincial and territorial funding programs to better mobilize clean technologies.
The program will advance emerging clean technologies toward commercial readiness so that natural resource operations can better reduce their impacts on air, land, and water, while enhancing competitiveness and creating jobs.
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #CleanGrowth
Final project selections will be announced by Winter 2018.
Clean Growth Collaboration Community
A new and exciting online community will be introduced to foster collaboration among stakeholders within the innovation spectrum and to help them find the support they need to be successful.
Stay up to date on the latest Clean Growth Program updates, and Canadian Cleantech initiatives.
- Date Modified: