Please note that this Program is no longer accepting submissions as of March 5th, 2018 at 12:00pm EST. To learn about other available funding Programs, please visit the Clean Growth Hub for more details.
Action on Clean Growth
Clean growth is good for our planet and our pocketbooks. That is why we introduced the Clean Growth Program (CGP), which provides $155 million for clean technology research and development (R&D) and demonstration projects in Canada’s energy, mining and forestry sectors.
This program covers five areas focused on pressing environmental challenges and economic opportunities facing Canada’s natural resource operations:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and air-polluting emissions
- Minimizing landscape disturbances and improving waste management
- The production and use of advanced materials and bioproducts
- Efficient energy use and productivity
- Reducing water use and impacts on aquatic ecosystems
- Preliminary screening results : Mid April 2018
- LOI results / Invitation for Full Project Proposals : Late June 2018
- Project selection results : Late September 2018
Steps to make it happen
Applying to NRCan’s Clean Growth Program?
Join the new Clean Growth Collaboration Community
To create new partnerships and gain access to a network of support and like-minded professionals
The Collaboration Community helps you
Explore Provincial and Territorial resources
Find collaborators for your projects
Build financial and in-kind partnerships
So what are you waiting for?!
Request your invitation firstname.lastname@example.org
Is this program for you?
Eligible recipients include legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada:
- Indigenous organizations and groups;
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations;
- Federal research centres;
- Community groups;
- Canadian post-secondary institutions; and
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies, where applicable.
Who are our partners?
We coordinate extensively with provinces and territories to:
- ensure investments are helping Canada meet its climate change goals;
- create economic opportunities; and
- expand global-market opportunities.
What makes the Clean Growth Program unique?
The program also puts into action the Government of Canada’s new collaborative approach of doing business by leveraging investments in publicly funded research, research centres and provincial and territorial funding programs to better mobilize clean technologies.
The program will advance emerging clean technologies toward commercial readiness so that natural resource operations can better reduce their impacts on air, land, and water, while enhancing competitiveness and creating jobs.
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #CleanGrowth
Clean Growth Collaboration Community
A new and exciting online community will be introduced to foster collaboration among stakeholders within the innovation spectrum and to help them find the support they need to be successful.
- Date Modified: