Clean Growth Program
The intake period for the Clean Growth Program is closed. Please check back for the latest information on the program.
Action on Clean Growth
Clean growth is good for our planet and our pocketbooks. That is why we created the Clean Growth Program (CGP), a $155 million investment in clean technology research and development (R&D) and demonstration projects in three Canadian sectors: energy, mining and forestry.
This program covers five areas focused on pressing environmental challenges and economic opportunities facing Canada’s natural resource operations:
- Reducing greenhouse gas and air-polluting emissions
- Minimizing landscape disturbances and improving waste management
- Producing and using advanced materials and bioproducts
- Producing and using energy efficiently
- Reducing water use and impacts on aquatic ecosystems
We coordinate extensively with provinces and territories to:
- ensure investments are helping Canada meet its climate change goals;
- create economic opportunities; and
- expand global-market opportunities.
What makes the Clean Growth Program unique?
The program also puts into action the Government of Canada’s new collaborative approach of doing business by leveraging investments in publicly funded research, research centres and provincial and territorial funding programs to better mobilize clean technologies.
The program will advance emerging clean technologies toward commercial readiness so that natural resource operations can better reduce their impacts on air, land, and water, while enhancing competitiveness and creating jobs.
Find information on ALL projects funded through the Office of Energy Research and Development.
Clean Growth Collaboration Community
NRCan’s exciting online community that fosters collaboration amongst stakeholders within the innovation spectrum and helps them find the support they need to be successful. Join Now!
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #CleanGrowth
- Date modified: