Green Jobs in Natural Resources
If you want to be an intern
To be eligible for green jobs, you must meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status, and
If you want to hire an intern
Eligible employers or hiring organizations can be:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada, including for-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups, or
- Provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies where applicable.
Follow a greener path for your career
What are green jobs?
Internship projects considered green jobs include:
- Jobs that require environmental skills, knowledge, experience or competencies in order to produce products or services that have an environmental benefit (e.g.: architects and land use planners who incorporate sustainability into designs, air quality engineers, and conservation officers);
- Jobs that may not require specialized environmental skills but result in an environmental benefit, (e.g.: construction or trades workers that apply knowledge of standard construction techniques while completing green projects, manufacturing production workers and companies that produce environmental goods).
What is the Science and Technology Internship Program?
Since 1997, NRCan’s Science and Technology Internship Program provides opportunities for youth to gain relevant work experience and skill development in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields in the natural resources sectors: energy, forestry and mining, earth sciences, and clean technology.
The program provides wage subsidies to encourage organizations to hire interns and invest in the workforce of tomorrow.
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #GreenJobs
Email the Science and Technology Internship Program
Toll-Free in Canada: 1-877-996-6199
Telephone (Ottawa): 343-292-8849
- Date modified: