Green Jobs Internship Program
NRCan’s Science & Technology Internship Program—Green Jobs helps youth between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive) gain work experience and skills in the natural resources sector through paid internships and training opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and other related fields to promote positive environmental outcomes.
Eligibility requirements for participants
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
- Internships are for full-time employment and require participants to be available 30 hours per week
Apply now to be an intern
Visit the following websites to learn more about each delivery organization, select the one that fits your needs and submit an application.
ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional.
BioTalent Canada supports the people behind life-changing science. Focused on igniting the industry’s brainpower, BioTalent Canada bridges the gap between talent and employers, ensuring the long-term sustainability of Canada’s bio-economy.
The United Nations Association in Canada is a national organization with a mandate to educate and engage Canadians, especially youth on the UN and global issues that affect us all.
Electricity Human Resources Canada (EHRC) is the most trusted source of human resources insight, programs, and tools to help the Canadian electricity industry.
A non-profit environmental charity, Clean Foundation is a trusted and community-based source of information and action on climate change solutions in Atlantic Canada.
Get young workers started in the green economy with Career Launcher, a Colleges and Institutes Canada program. Access up to $32,000 for salary and training and mobilize an inclusive and skilled workforce.
Project Learning Tree Canada is committed to using trees and forests as windows on the world to inspire action and grow future forest and conservation leaders.
MiHR’s Green Jobs Program helps job-ready youth gain mining work experience by providing paid placements that focus on clean technology and innovation, and provide an environmental benefit to Canada.
Relay Education is a Canadian charity delivering hands-on environmental education and green career programs in schools and Indigenous communities
Generation Power is a holistic, capacity-based program that engages both Indigenous youth and energy economy employers, positioning Indigenous leadership as an essential component of Canada’s clean energy transition.
The FNQLSDI offers diverse services to the 43 communities of the First Nations in Quebec and Labrador. These services respect the priorities, needs and vision identified by the communities themselves.
What is a green job?
A green job is a job within an organization that aims to protect the environment or within an organization that is interested in processes with positive environmental outcomes. A green job can be classified as follows:
- Professions that require environmental skills, knowledge, experience or competencies in order to produce products or deliver services that have an environmental benefit (e.g., architects and land use planners who incorporate sustainability into designs, air quality engineers and conservation officers)
- Professions that may not require specialized environmental skills but result in an environmental benefit (e.g., construction or trades workers that apply knowledge of standard construction techniques while completing green projects, manufacturing production workers, and companies that produce environmental goods)
- Professions that support organizations in the natural resources sector that work toward positive environmental outcomes (e.g., communications, marketing, administration, project management, engagement, sales, and business analysis)
Find Out More
- Green Jobs for hiring organizations
- Green Jobs in Natural Resources
- Watch Testimonials from Green Jobs Internships
Get in touch
Email us at Science and Technology Internship Program
Follow us on social media and join the conversation using #GreenJobs, #YouthEmploymentandSkillsStrategy, #STEMInternships and #MyGreenJob.
- Date modified: