Note: Please note that the service is also available via the https protocol.
The service provides access to geometry extents (delimitation) for various type of tessellation of the Canadian landmass. The service currently offers delimitations from the following coverages:
- Drainage Areas (detailed or generalized geometries)
- Landsat Footprints
- Map Sheets from the National Topographic System (NTS)
The service allows pageable listing of delineations available for a specific coverage.
- Default list of NTS coverage: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/nts
- Paged list of the Landsat Footprints coverage: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/landsat?start=100&num=10
- Spatial filtering of the Drainage Areas coverage: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/drainage?bbox=-72.0,44.5...
It also allows getting the reprensentation of a single delineation.
- JSON representation of a generalized Drainage Area: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/drainage-gen/05gc000.json
- KML representation of a detailed Drainage Area: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/drainage/05gc000.kml
- WKT (Well Known Text) representation of a generalized Drainage Area: http://geogratis.gc.ca/services/delimitation/en/drainage-gen/05gc000.txt
Request Parameters are summarized in the following table. All parameter values need to be URL encoded.
|bbox||This parameter is used to restricted the list to items spatially intersecting the provided bounding box. It receives a bounding box with comma-separated ordinate values in decimal degree numeric format, in the order west,south,east,north. For example: bbox=-72.0,44.5,-69.5,45.5.|
|num||This parameter indicates the number of items to display. It receives an integer between 1 and 100. The default value is 10.|
|start||This parameter indicates the index of the first item to display. It receives a positive integer. The default value is 1.|