Become a CIPEC Leader
Member companies and trade associations of the Canadian Industry Partnership for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) are called CIPEC Leaders. CIPEC Leaders can apply for cost-shared assistance and enjoy other benefits through Natural Resources Canada (NRCan).
CIPEC is open to industrial organizations engaged in energy consuming processes that involve the physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products. Products may be finished (ready to use or consume) or semi-finished (raw material). Related activities include assembling component parts, blending materials, and finishing products.
Enjoy the benefits
As a CIPEC Leader, you get the following:
- access to apply for cost-shared assistance for energy management projects and energy studies
- opportunities to participate in CIPEC networking meetings and share best practices
- your company name listed on the CIPEC Leaders page on the NRCan website
- your company included in CIPEC's Annual Report, which is distributed to senior government and corporate decision makers across Canada
- an optional feature story in the Heads Up CIPEC newsletter to publicize your company's energy-efficiency success story
- the chance to win a CIPEC Leadership Award
It's quick, easy and free to register
For trade associations
Please email CIPEC for more information.
For industrial companies
Copy the text below onto your company's electronic letterhead to prepare your letter of intention to become a CIPEC Leader.
If you’re registering your company corporately, list the contact person and address for each facility as an attachment to the letter.
(print on company’s letterhead paper)
Chair, CIPEC Executive Board
C/O Eric Gingras, Manager, Industrial Energy Management Programs Team
Office of Energy Efficiency
Natural Resources Canada
Dear Mr. Mahut:
Our company, (insert company name), supports the Government of Canada in meeting its Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change objectives by enrolling in initiatives that lead to energy and cost savings..
To demonstrate support, we agree to join the Canadian Industry Partnership for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) as a CIPEC Leader. As a CIPEC Leader, we will:
- benefit from and have access to cost-shared assistance, energy management tools andservices, and recognition through Natural Resources Canada (NRCan);
- participate in CIPEC network activities and share energy management best practices; and
- work to improve our company and sector’s energy intensity.
Through this letter we are registering our facility/facilities at (insert address location) as a CIPEC Leader and appoint (insert contact name, title, address, email, phone) as our company liaison for this initiative.
(insert name, title and signature of company's CEO or president or plant manager)
Who has most recently joined CIPEC?
We welcome the following companies and facilities as our newest CIPEC Leaders, listed by sector.
|Petroleum products||McAsphalt Industries Limites (6 facilities)||February 2019|
|Plastics||Copol International Ltd.||February 2019|
For more information, contact the Administrator, Industrial Programs.
- Date modified: