Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
ENERGY STAR certified imaging equipment (including photocopiers, printers and scanners) use up to 35% less energy, on average, than standard models. Saving energy saves money and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Save energy when in use, through efficient power supplies, and when not in use by entering low-power “sleep” mode.
- Designed to limit the use of hazardous substances (lead, mercury, cadmium).
Start your research using the ENERGY STAR Product Finder tool to find and compare certified imaging equipment (NOTE: you will be redirected to the US ENERGY STAR website.)
- Put equipment to sleep. Adjust settings so that imaging equipment will enter into a low-power mode when idle to ensure the best power use.
- Ensure the duplex mode (i.e., print on both sides of the paper) is enabled.
- Disconnect equipment that is not in use to prevent energy waste.
- Alternatively, plug your equipment into a power bar with your computer. This way you can turn everything off with one simple flick of a switch and eliminate standby power waste.
The ENERGY STAR Promise
All ENERGY STAR certified products are tested to meet strict efficiency specifications and are certified by an independent third party. They perform the same as or better than standard products without compromising performance in any way.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: