Windows, doors and skylights
Buy ENERGY STAR® to save you money!
Windows, doors and skylights can be a significant source of energy loss in your home – up to 35%. In Canada’s climate, this means higher energy bills for you.
But choosing highly efficient models can help. Replacing all of your windows with ENERGY STAR certified models can save you an average of 45% on your energy bill while a new ENERGY STAR certified door is 25% more energy efficient than a standard door. And ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models are the “best of the best” – up to 89% more efficient than standard windows. Buying ENERGY STAR certified doors and skylights will complement your window purchase and help you save even more energy.
Look for the ENERGY STAR symbol
ENERGY STAR is the mark of high-efficiency products in Canada.
The familiar symbol makes it easy to identify the best energy performers on the market.
ENERGY STAR certified products meet strict technical specifications for energy performance – tested and certified. Explore the factors affecting energy efficiency by reading the technology primer for windows, doors and skylights.
And don’t forget about the installation
A poorly installed window, door or skylight may cause condensation, cold drafts or even allow water to leak into your home. And the damage water causes is usually invisible until it is very costly to fix.
If possible, choose a company that is in the Window Wise certification program. This quality assurance program trains installers to install windows and doors correctly.
Before you go shopping:
- See if there are any rebates or incentives available using our ENERGY STAR Canada rebates and incentives directory.
- At a glance – discover key features and helpful tips for your fenestration products.
- Discover a list of ENERGY STAR participating manufacturers, dealers and installers that supply ENERGY STAR certified windows, doors and skylights in Canada.
- Find ENERGY STAR certified models on our searchable product list.
- See sample ENERGY STAR labels.
- Learn more about condensation.
- Be aware of the energy performance ratings and certification for windows, doors and skylights.
- Technology primer - explore the factors affecting energy efficiency by reading the technology primer for windows, doors and skylights.
Resources for fenestration manufacturers and dealers:
- Bookmark this resource page for manufacturers/dealers for key information.
- To assist you in joining ENERGY STAR Canada, see this page of contact information.
The ENERGY STAR name and symbol are trademarks registered in Canada by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and are administered and promoted by Natural Resources Canada.
- Date modified: