The Green Freight Assessment Phase has launched a request for proposals. Applicants of successful projects will be notified by email within five business days of the submission of their application.
The Program provides 50% cost-shared contributions up to $10,000 to Canadian companies towards a third-party green freight assessment. The assessment will determine the company’s performance baseline and build scenarios to test strategies to identify solutions for poor performing areas of their fleet and operations.
What can a Green Freight Assessment do for your company?
A Green Freight Assessment will help your company review its operations to determine where there are opportunities for improvement. This assessment will not only look at the fleet portrait as a whole, but also identify behavioural and operational opportunities that may be available to optimize business operations. This is more than just adding side skirts! The recommendations will help business owners and operators make informed decisions to ultimately reduce operating costs and increase profits while having a positive impact on the environment.
- Demonstrate at least 50% of secured funding of their share of the project costs;
- Demonstrate that they engaged with the green freight energy assessor;
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada and
- Green freight assessments include medium-duty-vehicles (Class 5,6) and heavy-duty-vehicles (Class 7, 8a, 8b) only.
Who can conduct a Green Freight Assessment?
Not sure where to start? Contact us by email to obtain a list of identified assessors at email@example.com.
You may select a third party assessor not identified by NRCan, but should consider the following:
- Is the firm actively involved in working with medium/heavy-duty fleets?
- Does the firm have the knowledge and capacity to provide recommendations on a fleet’s performance and/or efficiency?
- What tool/methodology will be used to conduct analysis on the data?
- For more information on what to expect from your assessment, please review the Green Freight Assessment Expected Outcomes.
To be added to NRCan’s list of Green Freight Assessors, please send us an email.